We call it GSE parts supply chain optimization. You’ll call it a smoother, more efficient and more profitable way to run your business.
Through Sage Parts supply chain management services, our total support for your GSE operation can include any or all of the following:
• Onsite customer parts supply. We operate the GSE parts stockroom(s) for your maintenance operation...on location, at your site. Our highly trained personnel manage a “parts counter” where mechanics request and receive the parts needed to perform a given maintenance task. We take responsibility for acquisition of GSE replacement parts and for keeping them readily available. Your savings in handling, freight and parts/brand standardization can be dramatic.
• Inventory ownership. As you know, inventories are expensive to carry and maintain. In fact, the soft costs associated with an inventory can average more than 25% of the value of the inventory itself. With inventory ownership, Sage Parts can greatly reduce expenses related to capital costs or finance charges, along with reducing service costs (insurance, inventory control, taxes), storage costs (warehousing, equipment, handling), and obsolescence/damage/shrinkage costs.
• Vendor managed inventory. Sage Parts will manage your GSE parts inventory for you, reducing the capital investment and carrying cost of your inventory while also minimizing the risk of obsolescence and the expensive possibility of excess inventories.
• Parts procurement. Utilizing our buying strength and the superior GSE replacement parts knowledge of our people, Sage Parts will handle the procurement of parts specific to the needs of your ground support operation. Our strategic partners and contacts throughout the parts and aviation industries assure you the best possible prices and the fastest order turnarounds.
• Electronic commerce. eSage, our web-based ordering and management tool, is a key component in supply chain management from Sage Parts. eSage technology enables you to access our vast parts databases and ordering processes 24/7 via the web. Featuring a user-friendly interface that connects to our customers’ existing procurement systems or marketplaces including Ariba and SAP, eSage saves you time by providing information about inventory, pricing, warranty flagging, and order status at the click of a mouse. In addition, you can view images of parts, download technical data and specifications, order non-stocked or non-cataloged parts, track deliveries, review your ordering and invoice history, access management reports, and much more.
• Process control, design and implementation. Sage Parts’ portfolio of supply chain management services offers you intelligent ways to monitor, measure and enhance service level performance. We review your current processes, create new ones where needed based on our many years of GSE parts experience, and implement better approaches. Among the areas we concentrate on are fill rate improvements, open order status, closed order and invoice status, inventory-based information, pricing, and other processes that are essential to the profitability and overall success of your GSE operation.
• Storeroom Organization / Remote Management. Sage Parts will send its experienced parts personnel into your storeroom, assess your current parts situation and provide a recommendation on storeroom re-organization. The report/services can include a physical inventory, inventory valuation, identification of parts on hand that your storeroom no longer needs, recommended stocking levels for parts to match the equipment fleet at the station, suggested staffing levels, and an assessment of current ordering procedures. This program can be followed up with an ongoing maintenance program, whereby Sage would provide a semi-annual visit and review. This is a great way to leverage Sage’s parts expertise, particularly at the smaller or remote storerooms.